Monday, August 11, 2014

Collaboration Day Three: Go Set the World Aflame!

Our final day of collaboration was busy and exciting as the team split into workshops to share practical ideas with our Zambian colleagues. There was a lot of excitement around starting new programs at LHS; our hope was to leave them with our examples and some practical tips for getting programs off the ground.

Mr. Huynh and Ms. Felice talked about retreats and service programs, conveniently setting up their workshop location outside next to the pool. Mr. Bonina and Mr. McGonagle talked about Faculty Formation, and Mrs. Pope shared resources about Guidance programs and cura personalis.

One step LHS took to move forward was the creation of committees to move forward with some of these initiatives, so they now have teams to work on service, retreats, faculty formation, Grad at Grad, Profile of the Educator, and cura personalis.

Not only did they leave with drafts of documents and ideas for student programs, they seemed to leave with optimism and determination. We can’t wait to see what develops from these days of reflection and sharing.

We were graciously thanked by representatives from LHS, St Mary’s, and Loyola Malawi. Fr. Joe Hayes, president of LHS, chose Ignatius’s Suscipe as our closing prayer. He invited us all to speak aloud and end the day by petitioning together:

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.

You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.

Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace,

that is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment